Translate

Friday, March 7, 2014

10-Minute Home Repairs

From thefamilyhandyman.com

Hide a hole with a smoke detector


Cover ceiling holes and safety
Instead of patching a hole in the ceiling, just cover it with a smoke detectorNo more hole, and added safety to boot!

By Kevin Lind, a Field Editor from Northport, AL. He started a handyman service in 2002
"I'm a professional handyman, and some of my customers don't have a lot of money for home repairs. Recently, an elderly lady had me remove a hanging planter, which left a large hole in her ceiling. She was shocked when I told her how much it would cost to repair the hole and repaint the ceiling.
Luckily I had just come from a job installing smoke detectors, which gave me the idea of covering the hole with the spare detector I had in my van. She was thrilled, especially since she didn't already have a smoke detector in that area."

No comments:

Post a Comment