Translate

Monday, March 17, 2014

10-Minute Home Repairs

From thefamilyhandyman.com

Bleach away a water stain


Spray stains away
Spray water stains with bleach and water solution (10 percent bleach) and wait a day or two. If it doesn’t disappear, then call a drywall finisher.

By Scott Pauly, a Field Editor from Shakopee, MN. When he’s not slinging mud, he’s chasing a little white ball around with a club.

"As a professional drywall finisher for 25 years, I get tons of calls from customers wanting me to fix a water stain on their ceiling. Before I go see it, I tell them to spray it with bleach and water solution (10 percent bleach), and wait a day or two. If it’s an old stain, I recommend Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover. You’d be surprised how often I get a call back saying, “Problem solved.” It works on both flat and textured ceilings.
Wear safety goggles, and make sure you protect the walls and floors with plastic. I hate giving away work, but guess who they call back for their bigger projects"

No comments:

Post a Comment