Translate

Monday, April 7, 2014

10-Minute Home Repairs

From thefamilyhandyman.com


Reinforce a drawer front


Quick drawer fix
Use quarter-round as a corner block to repair broken drawers quickly.

By Melanie Ternes, a Field Editor from Wichita, KS, recently “mentored” her teenage daughters on painting their own bedroom.

"My most recent quick fix was to a drawer front that one of my kids pulled off. I cut a couple of lengths of quarter-round the same height as the drawer sides. I held them in place while I drilled a couple of holes through the sides and front of the drawer box. I dabbed some polyurethane glue (wood glue doesn’t stick well to finished surfaces) on the pieces of quarter-round before screwing them into place. Once the drawer front was screwed back on, all that was left was to wait for my kids to break something else...I didn’t wait long."


No comments:

Post a Comment