Translate

Friday, November 14, 2014

Tips For Removing Mold and Mildew - Look for Outside Leaks

From the familyhandyman.com

Look for Outside Leaks

If mold is growing on an exterior wall or ceiling, first look for a leak in the wall or roof. Measure from the moldy area to a reference point like a door, then find the spot on the other side of the wall or ceiling. Closely inspect nearby vents, roof flashing, decks, window wells and anywhere wood is rotting. Look for ground sloping toward the house and downspouts emptying next to the wall. If the ground around the house gets too wet, moisture will wick into the foundation or slab and become persistent dampness.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post and the images that you have used are too good. Like you list, I need to do this in my home. I think one of the hardest things to do is pull out mold, mildew and gunk from in between the tiles in the bathroom.

    Thanks so much for walking me through the step-by-step process of mold remediation. As much as I hate mold, I’m always hesitant to let strangers into my home to spread around strange chemicals. A guide like this is really helpful. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dude!

    I admired the way you have mentioned all the necessary tips to remove the mold from home.If mold is inspected necessary steps needs to be taken.

    It is beneficial to hire a mold remediation team in order to root out the mold .It will assure permanent treatment against molds.

    Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts!

    Regards
    Thatmoldlady

    ReplyDelete