Translate

Friday, February 21, 2014

10-Minute Home Repairs


From TheFamilyHandyman.com

Cheater's chair fix

Screw those chair repairs
Drill a pilot hole and drive a screw for an ugly but sturdy chair.Be sure to use a long enough screw.
By Jeff Gorton, an Associate Editor at TFH and former general contractor.
"I know this isn't the proper way to repair furniture, but I had this ugly, rickety kitchen chair that was almost worthless. There was no way I was going to spend hours disassembling and regluing it. So I just drilled pilot holes and drove trim head screws through the bottom of the rungs and into the legs.
I didn't expect this crude fix to last long, but 15 years later, that chair is still in my kitchen, still rock solid and still ugly. If you want to cheat at a chair repair, be sure to use screws that are long enough to run through the rungs and well into the legs." By Jeff Gorton is an Associate Editor at TFH and former general contractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment